Everyone more often than not is somehow attracted to tandoori dishes. There comes a point after eating at a restaurant and you often wonder, “How can I make such tandoori delicacies at home?” This is where a gas tandoor or gas tandoor oven comes in handy as you’ll be able to make a handful of things like kebabs, tandoori chicken, tandoor naan, pizza, and much more.
If you’re someone who’s into fitness and want a healthy stable diet, a gas stove tandoor, or gas oven is highly recommended for you as you’re not just limited to making tandoori chicken but other food items as well at the comfort of your home.
There are a lot of brands that provide top-level gas tandoor at a premium quality and a reasonable rate.
Is gas tandoor useful?
The answer is surely a YES! Let me list out the benefits of having a gas tandoor for home use.
- Does not release harmful waves – The most useful thing about having a gas tandoor oven is the fact that it requires hot air to cook food. This makes it evident that it does not produce any type of harmful unnatural waves from it.
- Versatile and can make many food items – Having a gas tandoor won’t restrict you to just making tandoori dishes but also allows you to make roti, naan, kulcha, bread, kebabs, and others.
- Affordable – As compared to the electric tandoor, having a gas tandoor oven will not clean up your pocket as it is on the affordable side with useful features.
- Maintains the aroma of food – There’s a noticeable difference when you’re cooking food in a microwave oven or stove as they can’t hold the original flavour of the food. Whereas, having a gas tandoor lets you keep the aroma of the food intact without changing it completely.
- Low-calorie food – If you’re having a gas tandoor at home, you are rest assured to enjoy a low-calorie food as the food is cooked in its juice and it does not need the use of any oil or butter.
4 best gas tandoor for home in India (top gas oven tandoor)
1. Bajaj VACCO Gas Tandoor or Griller
This gas tandoor from the brand of Bajaj VACCO is a pretty solid-looking one. Made up of aluminium with a mirror satin finish, this gas tandoor oven is a sure shot all-rounder with an incredible capability of making different food items.
The heat circulator within the gas oven is built in such a way that it keeps the tandoor warm and also for better heat circulation. Additionally, you shouldn’t use it in high flame and make sure to keep the gas burner in the center of the tandoor.
Apart from being an immaculate and sturdy option for tandoori dishes, it can make way more food items than you would imagine.
- Toasts: paratha, naan, roti, bread, and buns.
- Bakes: bread, cakes, lasagna chicken, fish, etc.
- Barbeque: this allows you to make paneer tikka, seekh kebab, fish tikka, and much more.
It has a robust design and is well built to make way for cooking your favourite tandoor items and also other lip-smacking food items for a healthier lifestyle. It is not just a gas tandoor but an oven, griller, toaster, and your source of barbeque as well.
Note: It is recommended that you should avoid it using it on a glass top gas stove as the heat from the tandoor can be quite a lot for the glass top gas stove to handle.
Overall, it is a fantastic product and a top buy for those looking to have some Tandoori Chicken and other related food items being prepared at home with ease.
2. Kuber Industries Multi-Purpose Oven/Gas Tandoor
As the name suggests, a gas tandoor oven can do wonders by making numerous food items without much of a hassle. This gas tandoor comprises high-quality aluminium and can help you make tandoori roti, pizza, cake, chicken, and also grilled dishes. Isn’t it fascinating that it is more than just an oven/gas tandoor?
The size of the gas oven in terms of height is approximately 9 inches, and it is a definite pick for fast and easy cooking. Moreover, you’re provided with healthy food for yourself and the aluminum material helps in keeping the taste of the food intact.
Additionally, you get a recipe booklet of the food items that can be made by this gas tandoor by Kuber Industries. It can be well said that this gas oven can last more than a couple of years without a dip in its performance and also it is a top-notch product is because it is easy to use.
Note: A certain quality of the gas tandoor/gas oven that can be improved is that it can damage your glass gas stove when the multipurpose oven is placed on it. This is a solitary thing which the brand can improve by having a better experience on a glass gas stove.
If I have to say, this gas oven is another class product with a lot on offer for its customers with the capability of keeping the taste of the food and allowing you to make different dishes.
3. Wonderchef Gas Oven Tandoor
This gas oven + tandoor by Wonderchef is pumped up with unique features to serve you with the best tandoor delicacies at your home. Available in Red & Black color, it offers you the chance of having an array of food at home on your gas stove.
It comprises a 3D Heating system and similar functions as a tandoor too. That is impressive to know about this product and what makes this stand apart from other gas tandoor’s is the fact that you’ll get a smoky feel, browning, and taste like the tandoors of a star restaurant.
To make life easier, the food positioned on the trays need not be rolled over for even cooking as the Dome Design of the gas oven ensures three-dimensional cooking of food from all sides and corners. Damn!
Things you can make with this gas oven tandoor are as follows:
- Bake: cookies, muffins, cakes, etc.
- Tandoor: tandoori roti, tandoori vegetable, chicken, paneer tikka, and more.
- Grilled: steaks, kebabs, grill chicken.
Moreover, the trays in the gas oven do a commendable job as the bottom ones are for cakes and gravies. The trays at the top are for your tandoori delicacies and the non-stick coating on all the trays lets you low oil cooking as well as easy food release.
The coating is of the highest quality but in case it peels off inside the service period, you are assured of a free service. On an overall basis, it is one of the most popular gas ovens in the market as it has a lot to offer with a premium build.
4. Remino Aluminum Tandoor Bati Maker Baking Oven
This gas tandoor oven is built with high-quality aluminum and gives you oodles of options in terms of food that it can cook. The food prepared here is flavored by the smoking process and lets you make a ton of things like roti, bati, pizza, naan, tandoori chicken, and also grilled dishes.
Weighing at almost 450 grams and a height of 9.3 inches, this gas oven is worth it at an affordable price. It is easy to the eye in terms of design and kitchen-friendly appearance makes it into my list of the best gas tandoor in India.
Many of such gas tandoor in the market may have been filled with unique features, but they may not be able to sustain the flavour of the food once it is cooked, that is not the case with the Remino aluminium gas tandoor oven.
Note: As I mentioned earlier in the article, the glass top gas stove does not seem to gel well with gas tandoors, this is the reason I would recommend you to place some insulating medium between the gas stove and gas oven. This will surely lead to better performance, and won’t confuse you about the product.
This is the last one on the list and it is equally good to serve you with tasty tandoori delicacies and also other dishes that you would want to give a shot.
Gas tandoor vs electric tandoor
|GAS TANDOOR||ELECTRIC TANDOOR|
|Price||Is affordable and comes at a cheap price.||Expensive. Costlier than a regular gas tandoor.|
|Uses||Grilled food, baking, barbeque, defrosting, tandoor delicacies.||Does almost the same as a gas tandoor by letting you make tandoor food, baking, grilling, etc.|
|Runs||A gas tandoor requires fire to start functioning. There is no need for electricity.||An electric tandoor runs with the help of electricity. As the name suggests, it won’t run without electricity.|
|Aroma/Flavour||It is able to keep the flavours of the food intact as it releases hot air and keeps the taste of the food natural.||Due to the harmful waves produced while cooking in an electric tandoor, the flavours are lost and you don’t get the expected taste that you were looking for.|
|Time taken||It takes quite a long time for tandoor delicacies to be prepared in a gas tandoor.||Electric tandoor is faster in cooking food and you don’t have to wait for long.|
|Benefits||Provides you a natural flavour of the food, cost-efficient, you’re consuming low-calorie food, easy to use.||Relatively light in weight and convenient to take it with you, healthy food intake, can do multiple things apart from making tandoor delicacies.|
|Heat distribution||Even distribution of heat to cook food.||Uneven distribution of heat in an electric tandoor as the heat is provided from above.|
|Cleaning||You can clean it via detergent and scrub.||A mixture of baking soda and white vinegar is required. Also, scrubbing the tray requires a non-scratch scouring pad.|
How to use gas tandoor
A Gas Tandoor is a modern way of making delicious tandoori delicacies with minimum effort. Let’s look at some of the tips that you need to consider to use a gas tandoor.
- Steel Gas Stove instead of Glass Gas Stove – It is not recommended to use your gas oven tandoor on a glass gas stove as the stove may shatter due to the heat produced in the tandoor oven. These glass gas stoves may look cool but they don’t match with a gas tandoor in most cases. An insulating medium can be used between the tandoor oven and glass stove. But, it is better to go for a steel gas stove for using a gas tandoor.
- Remove burner plates of steel gas stove – Always make sure to remove the burner plates from your steel gas stove as they may burn in no time. After that, place the gas tandoor on the gas stove. You’re ready and done!
- Keep the moisture low of tandoori chicken – When you’re making a Tandoori Chicken, keep in mind to keep the moisture low as the juice of the chicken would be dropping on the burner.
- Cooking needs to be on low/medium flame – Whether you’re making a tandoori delicacy or any other dish, try keeping it at low or about medium flame or the gas stove can get burnt.
1. Can I use a gas tandoor on a glass-top stove?
In most cases, the heat produced by the gas tandoor would shatter the glass-top stove as it won’t be able to handle it. If the glass top is somehow removable, you’re fine. In case it is non-removable, you will need an attachment with the gas tandoor that will blend perfectly on the glass top.
Usually, glass-top gas stoves tend to have a top that can be temporarily removed. To be on the safer side, I would recommend using a steel gas stove and having a comfortable experience.
2. Can I make roti, naan, and bake cake in a gas tandoor?
The answer is an affirmative YES! Apart from being a champ in making tandoori chicken, tandoori delicacies, it is capable of making a wide range of food items to savor your taste buds.
Not only you can make tandoori roti, naan, cakes, but even a kulcha or pizza can be made without much of an effort. A gas tandoor is an all-rounder, and you don’t need to scratch your head whether you’ll be able to make these on a gas oven tandoor.
3. Can you grill fish, chicken, vegetables, and paneer?
As mentioned above, a gas tandoor has the capability of doing many things and that includes grilled dishes and making paneer too.
Most of the gas tandoor you would find in the market lets you cook a wide range of food items, and they are not just limited to a blazing hot tandoori chicken or a tandoori roti. You can easily grill a fish, make tandoori vegetables, and make the most out of that paneer. The creativity is in your hands when it comes to having a gas tandoor.
Phew! Congratulations on reading almost everything about a gas tandoor oven. Everyone has this fascination tingling in their mind when they visit a classy restaurant as in, “Can I make this tandoori chicken at home?”
Most probably you will be able to, but the originality and the aroma that you get in a fancy restaurant may be missing. This is where a gas tandoor oven can be your friend in making the best tandoori chicken or any tandoori delicacy that you always wanted to try at home.
I have sorted out four options for the best gas tandoor for your home in India and it shouldn’t make you sweat about which one you need to buy. Out of the four, it all boils down to personal preference as in you want to go for Bajaj Vacco Gas Tandoor or even Wonderchef Gas Oven Tandoor. The choice is all yours!