Purchasing a refrigerator may sound easy. But, it can be difficult if you are not very much aware of various brands. The brand value is very important when we compare the best refrigerator brands in India. People have always been confused regarding the debates on Samsung vs Whirlpool and selection has always been difficult.
The race for the leading brand has always been Whirlpool vs LG. They have now got an almost equivalent market share in the refrigerator industry.
Now, let us discuss the best refrigerator brands in the Indian market that are promising and torchbearers in the refrigerator industry. The list is in no particular order.
Top 6 best refrigerator brands in India
The brand is well known across different electronic products. But, Samsung refrigerators have made a niche for themselves in the last 7 years.
The Samsung refrigerators come along with different options like:
- French door: The French door refrigerators can be opened from two sides, side by side. The cooling compartment is present within the doors. Samsung has some pretty cool collection of this type of refrigerator, but can be quiet expensive.
- Side by Side: More like the French door fridge, it has two big compartments present side by side with the refrigerator and freezer located next to one another. A good side by side Samsung refrigerator costs above Rs. 70,000 in India and can even reach Rs. 1 lakh plus.
- Top mount freezer: It has a separate top floor for the chill zone. The lower zone is for keeping the fresh veggies and fruits. Samsung has variety of its models with different sizes and price starts from Rs. 20,000.
- Single door: This is the most common type of refrigerator in India. It has a large door wherein both the freezer and the fresh food zone are present. It’s economical and you can get it a price as low as Rs. 11,000.
Samsung Side by Side refrigerator has been awarded the largest selling product in the refrigerator category worldwide in the year 2010. There has been a constant growth in the sales of Samsung refrigerator by 20% year on year, which is a proof of its great customer loyalty.
Samsung uses digital inverter compressor in most of its new refrigerators. With energy consumption and excellent food preservation duration, it is the best technology for efficient cooling.
The after-sale services of the Samsung refrigerator is one of the best, with a quick response team handling the customer grievance.
The history of the company is an interesting one. Started by a failed insurance agent, the company’s first product was motor-driven washers. They later diversified into the refrigerator business by acquiring Seeger Refrigeration and a few acquisitions later, Whirlpool became a known brand across numerous business heads.
Whirlpool most popular refrigerators are single door ones that provide sufficient space and racks for organized storage. With its excellent features and innovative technologies like IntelliFresh and ActiveFresh, a new Whirlpool refrigerator is perfect for home usage.
Some features and technologies of the latest Whirlpool refrigerators include:
- The optimal level of ripening of the fruits and veggies using the zeolite technology enhances the food quality.
- The moisture lock feature maintains the crispiness of the veggies even after refrigeration.
- Flexible vents give wonderful ventilation allowing uniform cooling of the veggies that last for a long time.
- Keeping the oxidation level of the fruits and veggies at the right level makes sure that the products have retained their quality.
- No fouler smell of the fruits and veggies as the fragrance within the refrigerator works perfectly for odor-free refrigeration.
Customer service of the Whirlpool brand is highly promising. With the timely delivery of consumer service and an aim for fostering long-lasting relations, the Whirlpool brand makes itself the brand of house.
To sum up, Whirlpool definitely deserves to be among the best refrigerator brands in India.
If you are thinking that the Indian market is saturated with only the top two models, you need to think twice. LG refrigerators have a market share of close to 30% in India, with an average growth rate of 10% sales YoY.
Types of refrigerators available in the market of LG include:
- Side by Side
- Bottom Freezer
- Double Door
- Single Door
- French Door
Recently, LG has released some latest models of the Bottom Freezer refrigerator with fresh technologies. The brand has also come up with a new type of model called Dual Fridge, which uses convertible refrigeration technology. It means you can convert the freezer into fridge with a conversion time of less than 70 minutes.
Latest features of the LG refrigerators include:
- Implementation of the smart technology with the help of AI keep the refrigerator in pace with changing trends.
- Stylish yet affordable refrigerators make them the best to be used in your homes.
- Innovative technology helps in keeping you ahead as LG has consistent research to deliver the best products available.
The customer service of the LG focuses on customer satisfaction through grievance redressal system and feedback mechanism. Services like packaging, cleaning, and energy management help the consumer to have the best experience.
Here are our top recommended refrigerators from Samsung, Whirlpool, and LG:
|Samsung 253L 3 Star Inverter Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator|
|Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator|
|LG 260 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator|
With their recent launch of the French 4 door refrigerators, Haier has made a good move in the Indian market. Their management has a lot of hopes from the Indian market. Haier has upped its game in terms of quality and product offerings. The ground was shaken when Haier introduced separate freezers for both meat and ice-creams.
Historically, Haier has shown a consistent growth on a year-on-year basis. In 2019, reports showed that 40% of its turnover came from refrigerators. The brand of Haier has shown consistent growth and is all foot set to grow its Indian market share in the coming years.
Certain important features of new models of Haier refrigerator include:
- Ease of convertibility of the refrigerator; such that 8-in-1 convertible refrigerator makes it simple to use it.
- The twin inverter technology increases efficiency of the refrigerators.
- Energy saving mode helps in saving the energy and making it environment friendly.
- Quick freezing technology allows the freezing of water to ice 2 times faster.
- The fruit case is separate from the meat case that prevents the mixing up of the dishes.
The after-sale services of Haier are probably one of the best with the financing facility as well as quick recognition of the consumer’s problems. The turn-around time is less as well making it a renowned brand in India
Videocon is one of the most renowned brands starting back from the early 20th century. As a brand, they have taken a hit in recent times. But, their refrigerator product is still a profitable business for them.
Their refrigerators are economic and perfect for the home if you are not looking for an ostentatious one. With the single door, the refrigerator comes in different shapes and sizes.
Few noteworthy features of Videocon refrigerators include:
- Energy efficiency of the refrigerators are on the higher side that makes them popular in homes
- Very spacious interior
- Economical in nature, thus provides the best features for the middle class of the society
- Available in single door, double door, and side by side feature
- The technology used in the refrigerator is cooling without any frost. So, you need not worry about removing the ice from the freezer repeatedly.
One of the most traditional refrigerators for homes, Godrej used to have a huge market share. With their economic products, wonderful servicing, and excellent work, Godrej was actually a renowned brand.
Currently, the refrigerators of Godrej have reshaped, remolded, and repackaged into a luxurious brand. They offer many types and models of Direct-Cool Single Door and Inverter Frost-Free Double Door refrigerators.
Certain important features of Godrej refrigerators include:
- Modern Godrej refrigerators come with new technologies like JTRT, Cool Shower, LED lighting, Air Lock System, and more.
- Their toughened glass shelves in refrigerators look robust and ensure longevity.
- No need of any stabilizer for the operation of the freezer.
- Most of the Godrej refrigerators are spacious. A large quantity of food can be kept, without any hassle.
Service and after-sales support is very encouraging, along with the warranty that comes along with the product.
Samsung vs Whirlpool vs LG: which is better?
Though all the three are among the best refrigerator brands in India, while selecting the right brand for your home, the following checklist helps:
- Number of years it has been operational in the country
- The power intake of the particular brand
- Ease of servicing
- Service centers present close to your home
Taking all the criteria into account, I would go for purchasing an LG refrigerator. With the highest market share in terms of refrigerators, LG stands ahead of both Samsung and Whirlpool.
Moreover, LG’s brand is recognized primarily for refrigerators, whereas Samsung and Whirlpool have just diversified into this sector.
But, if there are restrictions while buying refrigerator, such as budget, color, size, or service centers, I would not mind buying a fridge from Haeir, Samsung or Whirlpool.
Indeed, I got a Whirlpool refrigerator last year after using a Videocon product for almost 8 years.
Why you should go for a branded refrigerator?
Some of the major reasons why you should look for a branded product or refrigerator are:
Excellent customer care service and warranty
Brand plays a lot of importance to the consumers. Not only they compete on providing good products, but they also aim to offer the best customer care service for users, thus improving the brand value. Also, the brand comes along with brand equity, which makes it mandatory to have the best service for consumers.
Another reason why you should buy a branded refrigerator is the warranty. A lot of refrigerators face problem in between, be it filling up the gas, freezer not cooling or defrosting, or water leaking. A branded product with good warranty and customer service will take care of this.
The performance of branded products is always better than that of local ones. The better the performance, the more customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is an important parameter for the success of the brands.
Now, would you buy a refrigerator from some unknown brand with no surety about its performance or after sale service? The answer is absolutely NO.
Variation in the product mix
Most well known refrigerator brands have a large mix of products, from small size fridge to larger ones. They come along with a wide range of products for selection, that makes across a wide price range. This helps the customers to select the best product range.
As we have discussed some benefits of using the branded refrigerator, it is important to find out the best refrigerator that should meet your requirements.
Now, you have a brief idea about the top best refrigerator brands in India, the types of refrigerators they produce, and what all features and technologies they offer. It’s time to get one for yourself.
And, if you are still confused which fridge to buy, then this guide will definitely help you out – Refrigerator Under 15000 INR.